Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Wintering


Ok, so I'm going to have to apologize for something here, I'm not sure exactly how long it's been since I made a blog post, (and lets not go look at the time stamp to see just how long I've neglected this) but I'm sorry. Winter was long and emotionally draining, but here we are, on the road again. 



Let me go ahead and say that the picture I've used today is the first one on the blog that is not one of my own. But when you spend your winters going as far south as possible to stay warm, it can be a little hard to get any pictures of snow. lol.

We spent the winter in our home town of Jacksonville Florida. By winter I mean from fall to spring because family needs brought us home sooner and kept us there longer than we'd planned. We holed up in the comforts of my parent's driveway for the months we were wintering, and I picked up a job bartering part time. 

After a long season of travel winter can be very emotionally draining. Staying in one place for so long after just getting used to your feet never touching the ground has an effect on you that I don't think many people ever really talk about. Time moved too quickly this winter. We stop for a couple months and glance up for a second to see that six months flew by. It was hard to make plans, or to get out and do anything, and it felt like being submerged in water. Now I'm not saying that a sudden stop in travel will drop everyone into the depths of depression, but I am saying that it dragged me way down there. 

But here we are again. Back on the road. Right now is a rainy day in Asheville, and I'll admit, stress has been very high lately, but I'm happy. We're meeting great people, we're seeing beautiful things, and that pain that kept me so down for months has finally lifted. The road brings me life, and I'm so glad to be back on it. 

Now lets hope I can keep up with posts a bit better moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Posts